Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Retro game of the week: SimCity (SNES)

I remember wasting one of those perfect, once-in-a-decade Swedish summers on this game, sitting inside, waiting for new funds, trying to merge my blocks into those elusive Top-buildings. I guess that was back in 1993. While I never really cared for any of the sequels of the series, this release remains one of my favourite simulation games ever. Developing new strategies for growing Residential and Commercial zones still keeps me busy planning and writing down possible concepts of placing blocks (near water, 3x3, police station within block boundaries, grass or gifts in the middle, railroads instead of asphalt) to maximize population growth, offering hours and hours of SimCity bliss.

SimCity is available for the Wii through Virtual Console.

No comments: